Thursday, October 9, 2008

The beginning of something...

Ok so I enjoy reading blogs, well some blogs. I have written a few to a warm response on Myspace, but it's not really a site that is blog friendly, so I didn't really find it something I did on a regular pattern. When my friend Kim first started blogging I religiously enjoyed the reading them, but forgot about it with time, and just yesterday caught up with the past few months of her life through it. I don't know if anyone will read this, skim it, or even comment on it... but maybe. I mean I think it's pretty interesting reading people's thoughts... I mean look at reality t.v.... It's huge... people love to see other people in regular life... with regular problems and over the top drama.

What I kinda want to touch on for my first blog is just an overview of the surprisingly complex machine that is me....

My name is Stephanie Warren... I am 28 and live with 2 roommates in a house in Eden Prairie. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life, unfortunately. I am in a very committed relationship with my girlfriend Melissa. I'll talk more about her in other blogs... I am a financial recruiter with Kelly Financial Resources, and have been in that industry for about 4 years now. I like to work and so I usually am doing something else for extra cash or getting a part-time job. I love to read and play video games...and am ALWAYS looking for some good recommendations. I am a freak about spreadsheets and math... and constantly am making a new spreadsheet or a list to get something done. I am trying to learn how to play the guitar... I'm getting ok at it... Family is very important to me, and I try to see my mother once a week. I am out to everyone in my family and work, and probably most people on the street if they see me walk. I am outgoing, smart, well-read, and very blunt. Ok well that's enough of that garbage.... Let's try a theme for the first one....

My girlfriend is in a Philosophy class and asked me a question the other day. Picture your house... Now picture it is on fire... You only have a few moments to grab 3 things out.... no more... no less.... People are not an answer.... What would you take out of your house?

It will be interesting to see what people say, and then tomorrow I'll talk about what her teacher said after they answered.

7 comments:

Jill770 said...

Sup Fool.

I would take my dog, my roommate and my roommate's dog. I don't have anything worth much value. I guess if I had time I would take my diamond ring but that would be the last thing. My baby dog and roommate first.

Kim Airhart said...

Welcome to the blog world. I will introduce you on my blog and get some of my readers to check it out. Your question is a good one. On thurday's we usually do a Thoughts for Thursday and post stuff just like this and then encourage others to join in conversation.
To answer your Thoughts for Thursday I would say that I would grab Gizzy, my photo albums and my stuffed animal Ted that I've had since I was 5.

Michelle Leigh said...

Welcome, saw you from Kim's blog.

Well since I can't say my kids I'll go with my camera, my flip flops and my purse.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Welcome, Stephanie!
I have bookmarked you into my Google Reader, so count on me to come back again :)
I would take my cats, my laptop and my camera.

Brad Holmgren said...

Wow, Haven't heard from you in a while! I'm excited to keep up with what's going on with you through the blog! We should make plans to grab some coffee one of these days and catch up. We haven't had any deep life conversations like the ones we had via the office messenger at Hyrian!

Three things I would take out of my burning house (apartment)... Probably my baby ring (which I got when I was born and doesn't even fit on the tip of my pinky now - its on a chain necklace now), my pillow which I have had a long as I can remember, and some sort of electronic device that was easy to grab - iPod, Laptop, or my new TV.

Keep on with the blogging, and let me know if you have a chance to catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world...

I would take my lobster, dog, and book "How to survive a zombie attack" by Max Brooks...

Unknown said...

Well pretty much everything in my house is Aindi's except my clothes so I would grab my purse and whatever else Aindi needed help getting out...probably her dogs. Oh and my vibrator.