Friday, October 24, 2008

Cha Cha... Not just a dance anymore...

Ok so I just heard about two things that I found very useful the other day, and maybe you have already heard about both and are going to read this and think "Geez Stephanie.... Do you live under a rock??" and the answer to that is no.... no I live in a house... but sometimes I don't pay attention.. so there...

The first thing is a price code or something... I don't remember what it is... But the point is that Target and all other retail stores price items the way they do for a reason. Well I found out two price code things. The secret is in the last number of the price... If the item is on it's final mark down meaning it is the cheapest it's going to get the price at Target ends in a 4. For example $9.04 or $149.94... things like that. If you see those prices then it is not getting any cheaper. Same at Old Navy, but with an 8. I think it's just a neat tip because if you see an item at like $19.99 you might want to watch it a bit longer.


Onto my second and probably one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Ok so a few years ago I found out that you can google through your phone. In the texting function just text to the number 466453 (google) and then in the message part write things like Burnsville Bowl, Burnsville MN... and in a minute it will text you back with an address and phone number. It is free (except standard text messaging fees do apply), and I could finally stop with the $1.75 charges for directory assitance. WELLLLLL something even a little sweeter just came out and it's called CHACHA. Now this is the same premise as the google text except you text chacha (242242) instead of google. Now the twist on it is that instead of just getting numbers you can ask cha cha ANY QUESTION YOU WANT!!! Seriously any question, and they'll answer it within five minutes through text. What happens is your text gets routed through chacha to a chacha employee that specializes in certain types of questions, they answer your texts and then sends the answer back to you! I mean I tried this thing out and asked any question I could think of, and they answered it. I learned what the colors in the gay flag mean, where the cheapest gas was in the twin cities was at the time... anything. It's pretty amazing for directions, phone numbers, prices of things. So try it out and hopefully you all will be happily cha-chaing this weekend!!

4 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

ChaCha sounds really sweet! I have a junky phone but when I get a newer one I am going to try this for sure! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

No comments for me no comments for you!!!

Were you listening to 107.1 yesterday because I heard that price code thing too.

Burnsville bowl...Memories!!!

Anonymous said...

how far did you take it...ask them dirty things...

Kim Airhart said...

It seems you have given up on the blog world. Almost 3 weeks and no post. Sad.....